You can deploy the Veeam PN appliance in the Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS marketplaces or download an OVA template from https://www.veeam.com/cloud-disaster-recovery-azure-download.html and deploy it on premises. You can also deploy your own Ubuntu server and install Veeam PN directly from the Veeam Linux Repositories.
You can also deploy Veeam PN using an installer script. For details, see Install Veeam PN with Script.
- Ubuntu 18.04
- 1 vCPU (Minimum)
- 1 GB vRAM (Minimum)
- 16 GB of Hard Drive space
- External Network Connectivity
Installing Veeam PN on Ubuntu
To install Veeam PN on an Ubuntu machine, do the following. Note that you must have superuser rights.
- Download and add the Veeam Software Repository Key to your system:
curl -k http://repository.veeam.com/keys/veeam.gpg | apt-key add -
- Add Veeam PN to the list of sources in APT and run an APT update.
echo "deb [arch=amd64] http://repository.veeam.com/pn/public pn stable" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/veeampn.list
- Add an apt repository for WireGuard.
- Install two packages: the Server and UI components.
apt-get -y install veeam-vpn-ui veeam-vpn-svc
Apt-get will list a significant amount of dependencies that must be installed as well. During the installation of packages, you may be asked to overwrite existing IPTables rules.
- After the installation of packages is complete, you can log in to the Veeam PN web portal. To open Veeam PN web portal, open https://<Veeam_PN_server_IP_address> in a web-browser. Use your root user credentials to log in to the web portal.