After the product installation, you can instruct Veeam Endpoint Backup to auto-configure the scheduled backup job with the default settings. The backup job will have the following settings:
- Backup scope: entire computer
- Target destination: USB drive connected to the computer
- Schedule: 12:30 AM nightly
That is, the scheduled backup job will run regularly to create an entire computer backup at 12:30 AM and save this backup on the USB drive.
To auto-configure the scheduled backup job:
- At the Insert backup target now step of the setup wizard, make sure that the Skip this, I will configure backup later check box is not selected.
- Insert a USB drive to a USB slot on your computer.
- Follow the steps of the installation wizard. At the last step of the wizard, click Finish.
USB storage devices formatted as FAT32 do not allow storing files larger than 4 GB in size. For this reason, it is recommended that you do not use such USB storage devices as a backup target.