If you accidentally delete some files or files get corrupted, you can restore these files from the backup. Files can be restored from the file-level and volume-level backups, to their original location or to a new location.
This scenario describes how to restore a file from the backup to its original location.
- In Microsoft Windows Explorer, browse to the backup target and find a VBK or VBM file in the backup chain.
- Double-click the VBK or VBM file.
- In the displayed window, select a restore point from which you want to restore the file.
- Click Restore. Veeam Endpoint Backup will display the backup file content in the Veeam Backup browser.
- Locate the file you want to restore, right-click it and select Restore > Overwrite. The file will be restored to its original location.