If the OS on your computer fails to start, you can use the Veeam Recovery Media to recover your computer. The Veeam Recovery Media will help you boot the computer in the limited mode. After booting, you can use Veeam Endpoint Backup or standard Microsoft Windows tools to diagnose problems and fix errors. You can also use a backup created with Veeam Endpoint Backup to restore the whole system image of your computer or specific volumes on your computer.
Before you boot from the Veeam Recovery Media, check prerequisites. Then take the steps below to recover your computer.
- Boot from the Veeam Recovery Media.
- Select the network adapter or wireless network.
- Launch the Veeam Endpoint Recovery wizard.
- Specify the backup file location.
- Select the remote storage.
- Specify shared folder settings.
- Specify the Veeam backup server settings.
- Select a backup.
- Select a restore point.
- Select the data restore mode.
- Map restored disks.
- Resize restored volumes.
- Start the restore process.