You can use Veeam Explorers to restore application items from backups created with Veeam Endpoint Backup. Veeam Backup & Replication lets you restore items and objects from the following applications:
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Microsoft SQL Server
The procedure of application-item restore practically does not differ from the regular one. The only difference is that Veeam Backup & Replication does not automatically detect application items in Veeam Endpoint backups. You need to browse to the necessary application database file (DIT, EDB, MDF etc.) in the Veeam Endpoint backup to initiate application-item restore.
To restore application items:
- In Veeam Backup & Replication, locate the necessary Veeam Endpoint backup.
- Open the Veeam Backup browser.
- In the Veeam Backup browser, browse to the database file of the application whose items you want to restore.
- Double-click the database file to open the corresponding Veeam Explorer.
- Use the Veeam Explorer to restore application items you need.
To learn more about the application-item restore procedure, see Veeam Backup & Replication Documentation.