You may need to import a Veeam Endpoint backup in the Veeam Backup & Replication console in the following situations:
- The Veeam Endpoint backup is stored on a drive managed by another computer (not the Veeam backup server).
- The Veeam Endpoint backup is stored on a backup repository managed by another Veeam backup server.
- The Veeam Endpoint backup has been removed in the Veeam Backup & Replication console.
After importing, the Veeam Endpoint backup becomes available in the Veeam Backup & Replication console. You can restore data from such backup in a regular manner.
Before importing a backup, check the following prerequisites:
- The computer or server from which you plan to import the backup must be added to Veeam Backup & Replication. Otherwise you will not be able to access backup files.
- To be able to restore data from previous backup restore points, make sure that you have all incremental restore points in the same folder where the full backup file resides.
To import a Veeam Endpoint backup:
- In Veeam Backup & Replication, click Import Backup on the Home tab.
- From the Computer list, select the computer or server on which the backup you want to import is stored.
- Click Browse and select the necessary VBM or VBK file. If you select the VBM file, the import process will be notably faster. It is recommended that you use the VBK files for import only if a corresponding VBM file is not available.
- Click OK. The imported backup will become available in the Backup & Replication view, under the Backups > Disk (imported) node in the inventory pane.