You can use a rotated drives scheme for storing backups. To do this, you can create backups on several external drives (for example, USB or FireWire) and swap these drives when needed.
The drive on which you plan to store a backup must be registered in Veeam Endpoint Backup. If the drive is not registered, Veeam Endpoint Backup will not be able to detect the drive and store a backup on it.
Mind the following limitations:
- You can register and unregister drives if you have selected to store backups on an external drive connected to the computer. If you have selected to store backups on a local computer drive, in a network shared folder or on a backup repository, registering options will be disabled.
- You cannot unregister all drives at once. At least one drive will remain registered in Veeam Endpoint Backup.
To register and unregister a drive in Veeam Endpoint Backup:
- Double-click the Veeam Endpoint Backup icon in the system tray or right-click the Veeam Endpoint Backup icon in the system tray and select Control Panel.
- Click the Settings tab.
- Click the Manage registered backup storage devices link.
- In the list of devices, click Register/Unregister next to the necessary backup storage device.