The Veeam Recovery Media created with Veeam Endpoint Backup contains the following data:
- Set of files required to start your computer OS from the recovery media.
- Diagnostic tools from Microsoft and Veeam.
- Drivers required to run hardware and devices on your computer in a regular way. When you boot your computer from the Veeam Recovery Media, drivers included into the Veeam Recovery Media are automatically loaded on the recovered OS.
- Network connections settings from your computer. When you boot your computer from the Veeam Recovery Media, network settings included into the Veeam Recovery Media are automatically applied and can be used to connect to the remote backup storage.
You can include the following drivers in the Veeam Recovery Media:
- Drivers that are currently installed on your computer. Veeam Endpoint Backup detects hard disk controller drivers, network adapter drivers and USB controller drivers and includes them into the Veeam Recovery Media.
- Additional storage and network drivers. If you use non-standard drivers, you can include them in the created Veeam Recovery Media manually. For example, you can include drivers for a discrete network card, third-party USB 3.0 controllers and non-standard hard disk controllers.
If you do not include some drivers in the Veeam Recovery Media, you can load them from the computer drive when you perform bare-metal recovery. To learn more, see Restoring from Veeam Recovery Media.