If you plan to use Veeam Endpoint Backup with Veeam Backup & Replication, you must install Veeam Backup & Replication 8.0 Update 2 or later on the Veeam backup server.
Veeam Endpoint Backup cannot work with Veeam Backup & Replication that is located behind the NAT gateway.
You can store backup files created with Veeam Endpoint Backup on backup repositories managed by Veeam Backup & Replication. To do this, you must select a backup repository as a target location in the properties of the scheduled Veeam Endpoint Backup job.
Veeam Endpoint Backup works with the backup repository as with any other target location. Backup files are stored to a separate folder; you can perform standard restore operations using these files.
Information about Veeam Endpoint backups stored on the backup repositories, backup jobs and sessions becomes available in the Veeam Backup & Replication console:
- The Veeam Endpoint Backup scheduled backup job is displayed in the list of jobs in Veeam Backup & Replication.
- Backup files created with Veeam Endpoint Backup are displayed in the list of backups, under the Backups > Disk node.
- Performed job sessions are available in the History view of Veeam Backup & Replication.
Backup administrators working with Veeam Backup & Replication can perform a set of operations with Veeam Endpoint Backups:
- Perform data protection operations: copy Veeam Endpoint backups to secondary backup repositories and archive these backups to tape.
- Perform restore operations: restore individual files and folders, application items from Veeam Endpoint backups; restore computer disks and convert them to the VMDK, VHD or VHDX format.
- Perform administrative tasks: disable and delete Veeam Endpoint backup jobs, remove Veeam Endpoint backups and so on.