Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager lets you clone jobs configured on Veeam backup servers. When you clone a job, you create an exact copy of any backup or replication job available in the job list. Configuration details of a created job copy are written to the same SQL database where details of the original job are stored. You can work with the created job both via Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager and via the Veeam Backup & Replication console on a corresponding Veeam backup server.
The recommended practice is to configure a set of job templates in advance, using the Veeam Backup & Replication console on every managed Veeam backup server. Administrators working Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager can then use these templates for cloning and further editing.
- Make sure that you have at least one backup job that has been successfully performed on the Veeam backup server.
- Make sure that you have successfully connected the Veeam backup server to Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager and collected data from it.
To clone a job, do the following:
- In Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager, click the Jobs tab.
- Select the necessary job in the list, click Job actions at the top of the list and choose Clone job.
- Select the cloned job in the list.
The job has the same name as the original job, and has the _cloneN suffix.
- On the toolbar, click Job actions and select Edit job.
- Go through the steps of the wizard and edit the job settings as required.
- In Veeam Backup & Replication, open the Backup & Replication view.
- Select the Jobs node in the inventory pane.
- Make sure that the cloned job is available in the working area.