In this exercise, you will install Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager, connect the Veeam backup server to it and collect data from the connected Veeam backup server. In the production environment, Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager typically federates a number of Veeam backup servers. For evaluation purposes, however, you can connect one Veeam backup server to Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager.
- The machine on which you plan to install Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager must meet the system requirements.
- You must have at least one instance of the Veeam backup server installed. On the Veeam backup server, you must have at least one backup or replication job that has been successfully performed.
- If you plan to install Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager on the same machine where the Veeam backup server runs, you must disable all backup and replication jobs in the Veeam Backup & Replication console.
- Make sure that all necessary ports are open.
To install Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager, do the following:
- Download the latest version of Veeam Backup & Replication from www.veeam.com/downloads.html.
- Mount the installation image using disk image emulation software, or burn the downloaded ISO image file to a blank CD/DVD or. If you are installing Veeam Backup & Replication on a virtual machine, use built-in tools of the virtualization management software to mount the installation image to the virtual machine.
- After you mount or insert the disk with Veeam Backup & Replication setup, Autorun will open a splash screen with installation options. If Autorun is not available or disabled, run the Setup.exe file from the CD/DVD disk.
- On the splash screen, click the Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager tile to launch the Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager Setup wizard.
- On the Welcome step of the wizard, click Next to start the installation.
- At the License Agreement step of the wizard, select I accept the terms in the license agreement.
- At the Provide License step of the wizard, specify the path to the license file you obtained after you downloaded the product from the web site.
- At the Program Features step of the wizard, leave default settings.
- At the System Configuration Check step of the wizard, install missing software components and enable missing features, if any.
- At the Default Configuration step of the wizard, specify if you want to use default installations settings or specify installation settings on your own. In the latter case, the setup wizard will include additional steps for configuring the necessary settings.
If you have chosen to specify custom installation settings, pass through the next wizard steps and specify the required settings manually. If you have chosen to use default installations settings, click Install to begin installation.
- When the installation process completes, click Finish to close the wizard.
Once the installation process completes, add the Veeam backup server(s) to Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager.
- Start Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager by choosing Programs > Veeam > Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager from the Start menu. If you plan to use the web UI remotely, to access Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager, use the following HTTPS address:
- Enter credentials of a user with Local Administrator rights or the user who installed Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager and click Login.
- Click Configuration at the top right corner of the window.
- In the Backup Servers configuration section, click Add.
- In the Backup Server Settings window, specify a DNS name or the IP address of the Veeam backup server you want to add.
- Provide a name and password of the user account with administrative rights on the added Veeam backup server.
Make sure that this user is included in the Veeam Backup Administrators group on the Veeam backup server.
- Click OK to add the Veeam backup server.
Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager will automatically start collecting data about all backup and replication jobs from added Veeam backup server.
- To receive consolidated email notifications about the status and summary of all jobs performed in your backup infrastructure, in the configuration menu click Notifications and specify email notification settings.
- Click Home at the top left corner of the window to get back to the main view of Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager.
- Click the Last 24 hours and Last 7 days tabs in Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager and make sure that these tabs provide information about backup and replication jobs performed on the Veeam backup server you have just added.
- If you have configured email notification settings, open your email client and check the Inbox folder. Make sure that you have an incoming email about all performed jobs.