In the Veeam Backup & Replication console, connect virtual infrastructure servers to the backup server.
You can connect standalone Hyper-V hosts, Hyper-V clusters or SCVMM servers. If a Hyper-V host is a part of the cluster, you should add a cluster to Veeam Backup & Replication, not a host itself.
- You must decide which hosts you want to use as source and target for backup and replication.
- The Veeam backup server must have access to all hosts you plan to use for backup and replication.
- On every connected Hyper-V host, Veeam Backup & Replication deploys a set of components: Veeam Installer Service, Veeam Data Mover and Hyper-V Integration Service. Make sure that File and Printer Sharing is enabled in the network connection settings of the host. Otherwise, these components will not be installed.
- If you plan to add SCVMM, make sure that SCVMM Admin UI is installed on the Veeam backup server. Otherwise, you will not be able to add SCVMM servers to Veeam Backup & Replication.
- Make sure that all necessary ports are open.
To add Hyper-V hosts, Hyper-V cluster or SCVMM:
- Run Veeam Backup & Replication: from the Start menu, select Programs > Veeam > Veeam Backup & Replication.
- In the authentication window, click Connect.
- In the inventory pane of the Backup Infrastructure view, right-click the Managed servers node and select Add Server.
- In the Add Server window, click Microsoft Hyper-V to launch the New Hyper-V Server wizard.
- At the Name step of the wizard, specify a DNS name or IP address of the server.
- At the Type step of the wizard, choose the server type: Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM), Microsoft Hyper-V cluster or Microsoft Hyper-V server (standalone).
- At the Credentials step of the wizard, enter credentials for the user account with administrator permissions to the added server: click Add on the right of the Credentials field and specify the user name and password to connect to the added server. Credentials must be specified in the DOMAIN\USERNAME format. Click OK.
- Click Next, then click Finish.
- Repeat the procedure for all servers that you want to add.
- Open the Backup Infrastructure view.
- In the inventory pane, click the Managed servers node.
- Make sure that the added server is available in the working area.