Install Veeam Backup & Replication on a Microsoft Windows machine, either physical or virtual.
In this exercise, you will install Veeam Backup & Replication. By installing Veeam Backup & Replication, you configure a Veeam backup server — the core component in the backup infrastructure that controls all other components.
- The machine where you plan to install Veeam Backup & Replication must meet system requirements to a Veeam backup server.
- You must have Local Administrator permissions on the machine where Veeam Backup & Replication will be installed.
- You must have a valid trial license or full paid license for Veeam Backup & Replication.
To install Veeam Backup & Replication:
- Download the latest version of Veeam Backup & Replication from www.veeam.com/downloads.html.
- Mount the installation image using disk image emulation software, or burn the downloaded ISO image file to a blank CD/DVD or. If you are installing Veeam Backup & Replication on a virtual machine, use built-in tools of the virtualization management software to mount the installation image to the virtual machine.
- Run the Setup.exe file from the ISO.
- On the splash screen, click the Install tile on the left to launch the Veeam Backup & Replication setup wizard.
Alternatively, you can click the Veeam Backup & Replication tile on the right.
- At the License Agreement step of the wizard, select I accept the terms in the license agreement.
- At the Provide License step of the wizard, specify the path to the license file.
You must obtain the license file after you download the product from the web site.
- At the Program Features step of the wizard, leave default settings.
- At the System Configuration Check step of the wizard, install missing software components and enable missing features, if any.
- At the Default Configuration step of the wizard, specify if you want to use default installations settings or specify installation settings on your own. In the latter case, the setup wizard will include additional steps for configuring the necessary settings.
If you have chosen to specify custom installation settings, pass through the next wizard steps and specify the required settings manually. If you have chosen to use default installations settings, click Install to begin installation.
- When the installation process completes, click Finish to close the wizard.
Select Programs > Veeam > Veeam Backup & Replication from the Start menu to make sure that Veeam Backup & Replication has been installed successfully.