Before you begin installation, take the following steps:
- Make sure that your environment meets the prerequisite conditions described in section System Requirements.
- Download the installation pack from the Veeam website.
- Unpack the downloaded package to a location that is accessible from the Hyper-V host or computer where you want to install Veeam Task Manager for Hyper-V.
To deploy Veeam Task Manager for Hyper-V, take the following steps:
- Log on to the Hyper-V host or another computer using an account with local Administrator rights.
- Open the installation folder and run the installation file.
- Follow the steps of the installation wizard.
Alternatively, you can run the following command:
msiexec /i VeeamTaskManager.msi /quiet INSTALLDIR="<path_to_installation_directory>"
To be able to remotely track CPU and memory usage for VMs running on the Hyper-V host, you must have the Hyper-V Virtual Machine Management service started on the host. Otherwise, Veeam Task Manager for Hyper-V will display host load only.
For more information on starting the Hyper-V Virtual Machine Management service, see this Microsoft KB article.