Veeam Explorers is a set of applications that allows you to manage application items from the following sources:
- Backups and replicas created with Veeam Backup & Replication
- Backups created with Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365
Every set of Veeam Explorer applications comes with its own PowerShell extension. Each extension includes a Microsoft Windows PowerShell module that provides a set of PowerShell cmdlets and allows you to perform the following operations:
- Recover application items
- Export application items
- Publish and unpublish databases
The following modules are installed by default with Veeam Explorers:
- Veeam.ActiveDirectory.PowerShell as part of Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Active Directory
- Veeam.SQL.PowerShell as part of Veeam Explorer for Microsoft SQL Server
- Veeam.Oracle.PowerShell as part of Veeam Explorer for Oracle
- Veeam.Exchange.PowerShell as part of Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange
- Veeam.Sharepoint.PowerShell as part of Veeam Explorer for Microsoft SharePoint and Veeam Explorer for Microsoft OneDrive for Business
- Veeam.Teams.PowerShell as part of Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Teams
A machine that runs the PowerShell session must have Windows PowerShell version 5.1 or later installed.
Consider the following:
- If you are running the PowerShell session on the machine, that is not a Veeam Backup & Replication server, you must install Veeam Backup & Replication console. To learn how to install Veeam Backup & Replication console, see the Installing Veeam Backup & Replication Console section in the User Guide for VMware vSphere.
- If you use Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365, the Veeam Explorers version must be the same as the Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 version. For example, to export Exchange items from backups created by the Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 version 5.0, you must install the Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange 5.0 version on your machine.
In This Section