Restoring to Nutanix AHV
Veeam Backup & Replication allows you to restore EC2 instances from image-level backups created with Veeam Backup for AWS to Nutanix AHV as Nutanix AHV VMs. You can restore EC2 instances to any available restore point.
Before you start the restore operation:
- Configure the backup infrastructure as described in the Veeam Backup for Nutanix AHV User Guide, section Deployment.
- If you restore EC2 instances from standard backups, make sure that these backups were copied to an on-premises repository. To learn how to copy backups, see the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide, section Creating Backup Copy Jobs for VMs and Physical Machines.
- If you restore EC2 instances from archived backups stored on a scale-out repository, make sure that these backups were retrieved. To learn how to retrieve data from archived backups, see the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide, section Retrieving Backup Files.
To restore an EC2 instance to a Nutanix AHV cluster, do the following:
- In the Veeam Backup & Replication console, open the Home view.
- Navigate to Backups > Disk (Copy).
- Expand the necessary backup policy, select the EC2 instance that you want to restore and click Entire VM on the ribbon.
- Complete the Restore to Nutanix AHV wizard as described in the Veeam Backup for Nutanix AHV User Guide, section Restoring VMs Using Veeam Backup & Replication Console.