Viewing Available Resources
After you create a backup policy to protect a specific type of Google Cloud resources (VM instances or Cloud SQL instances), Veeam Backup for Google Cloud rescans Google Cloud regions specified in the policy settings and populates the resource list on the Resources tab with all resources of that type residing in these regions. If a region is no longer specified in any backup policy, Veeam Backup for Google Cloud removes all resources residing in the region from the list of available resources.
The Resources tab displays Google Cloud resources that can be protected by Veeam Backup for Google Cloud. Each resource is represented with a set of properties, such as:
- Instance — the name of the resource.
- Policy — the name of the backup policy that protects the resource (if any).
- Region — the region in which the resource resides.
- Project — the project that manages the resource.
- Restore Points — the number of restore points created for the resource (if any).
- Latest Restore Point — the date and time of the most recent restore point created for the resource (if any).
- Destination — the type of restore points created for the resource (if any).
On the Resources tab, you can also perform the following actions:
- Manually create cloud-native snapshots of VM instances and Cloud SQL instances. For more information, see sections Performing VM Backup and Performing SQL Backup.
- Add Cloud SQL instances to the existing backup policies. For more information, see Adding Resources to Policies.