Step 1. Configure Permissions in vCenter Server
Log in to the VMware vSphere Client as administrator and assign permissions on the resource pool to the owner user:
- In the infrastructure hierarchy, select a resource pool node that belongs to John Smith and navigate to the Permissions tab.
- At the top of the list, click the Add Permissions icon.
- In the Add Permissions window, select the resource pool owner in the Users list.
- In the Role list, choose the Administrator role.
Instead of giving administrator privileges, you can create a custom role with minimal privileges required by Veeam ONE. For details on required privileges, see VMware vSphere Permissions.
- Select the Propagate to children check box.
- Click OK.