This section provides an example on how to configure permissions for Veeam ONE virtual infrastructure inventory. The example is based on the following scenario:
Virtualized systems in your virtual environment are grouped into resource pools. Each resource pool belongs to one user — the owner of VMs.
To protect VMs within the virtual environment, you use Veeam Backup & Replication. To monitor and report on the data protection status, you deployed Veeam ONE and integrated it with Veeam Backup & Replication.
A resource pool owner, Mark Green, wants to track the data protection status for his VMs. You need to provide access to Veeam ONE for this user and restrict permissions to his resource pool and all contents within it.
This example assumes that you completed these prerequisites:
- Deployed Veeam Backup & Replication, configured backup or replication jobs for user’s VMs and ran these jobs at least once.
- Deployed Veeam ONE, connected a vCenter Server and a Veeam backup server to it.
To restrict permissions to user’s resource pool in Veeam ONE, perform these steps:
- Configure permissions in vCenter Server.
- Create the Protected VMs report as the user.
- Create the Protected VMs report as the administrator.