Restoring Application Items
Veeam Backup & Replication provides auxiliary tools called Veeam Explorers that allow you to restore application items directly from image-level backups of Amazon EC2 instances. These backups must be created with the enabled application-aware processing option.
You can restore items of the following applications:
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Oracle Database
With the help of Veeam Explorers, you can restore Microsoft Active Directory objects and containers, Microsoft Exchange mailboxes, folders and messages, Microsoft SharePoint sites and lists, Microsoft SQL Server databases and so on.
To restore application items from backups of EC2 instances:
- Launch the restore wizard. To do that, open the Home view. In the inventory pane, navigate to Backups > External Repository. In the working area, select the necessary backup of an EC2 instance, click Application Items on the ribbon and select the necessary application.
- Complete the restore wizard. To extract the application databases from the backup and open it in the Veeam Explorer, perform the following steps:
- At the Restore Point step of the wizard, select a restore point from which you want to restore application items.
- At the Reason step of the wizard, enter the information on the restore reason for future reference.
- At the Summary step of the wizard, review the information on the EC2 instance whose application items you want to restore.
Veeam Backup & Replication will open the Veeam Explorer console to select the application that will allow you to restore application items from the selected backup or snapshot.
To be able to restore application items in the Veeam Explorer console, you must manually attach the database that you want to restore. For details on working with Veeam Explorers, see Veeam Explorers User Guide.
Mind the following: