When you install Veeam Backup & Replication using the standard installation package, you do not have an option to access Veeam Backup for AWS directly in the Veeam Backup & Replication console. To be able to monitor Veeam Backup for AWS appliances and manage their activities in your Veeam Backup & Replication console, you must install AWS Plug-in for Veeam Backup & Replication on the Veeam Backup & Replication server.
Mind the following:
To install AWS Plug-in for Veeam Backup & Replication, do the following:
- Go to the Veeam Backup & Replication: Download page.
- In the Additional Downloads section, switch to the Cloud Plug-ins tab.
- Download AWS Plug-in for Veeam Backup & Replication.
- Open the downloaded AWSPlugin_10.0.3.825.zip file and launch the AWSPlugin_10.0.3.825.exe file.
- At the License Agreement step of the wizard, you must accept the license agreement for Veeam and 3rd party components that Veeam incorporates. If you do not accept the license agreement, you will not be able to proceed to next step of the setup wizard.
- Read the license agreement.
To view the license agreement for 3rd party components, click View.
- Select the I accept the terms of the Veeam license agreement check box.
- Select the I accept the terms of the 3rd party components license agreements check box.
- At the Installation Path step of the wizard, you can specify the installation folder.
To select the installation folder:
- Click Browse.
- In the Browse window, select the installation folder for the product. The default installation folder is C:\Program Files\Veeam\Plugins\AWS\.
- Click Install to begin the installation.
After you install AWS Plug-in for Veeam Backup & Replication, you must add Veeam Backup for AWS appliances to the Veeam Backup & Replication infrastructure.