Specifying Daily Schedule
To create a daily schedule for the backup policy, at the Schedule step of the wizard, do the following:
- Set the Daily schedule toggle to On and click Edit Daily Settings.
- In the Create daily schedule window, select hours when the backup policy must create file system backups and backup copies.
If you want to protect file system data more frequently, you can instruct the backup policy to create multiple backups per hour. To do that, click the link to the right of the Backups hour selection area, and specify the number of backups that the backup policy must create within an hour.
Veeam Backup for AWS does not create backup copies independently from file system backups. That is why when you select hours for backup copies, the same hours are automatically selected for backups. To learn how Veeam Backup for AWS performs backup, see EFS Backup.
- Use the Run at drop-down list to choose whether you want the backup policy to run everyday, on work days (Monday through Friday) or on specific days.
- In the Daily retention section, configure retention policy settings for the daily schedule. For backups and backup copies, specify the number of days (or months) for which you want to keep restore points in a backup chain.
If a restore point is older than the specified time limit, Veeam Backup for AWS removes the restore point from the chain. For more information, see EFS Backup Retention.
- To save changes made to the backup policy settings, click Apply.