Veeam Backup for AWS is a solution developed for protection and disaster recovery tasks for Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) environments.
With Veeam Backup for AWS, you can perform the following data protection operations:
- Create cloud-native snapshots of EC2 instances
- Replicate cloud-native snapshots to any AWS region within any AWS account
- Create image-level backups of EC2 instances and keep them in Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) for high availability, cost-effective and long-term storage
To recover backed-up data, you can perform the following operations:
- Restore entire EC2 instances
- Restore EC2 instance volumes
- Restore EC2 instance files and folders
Integration with Veeam Backup & Replication
AWS Plug-in for Veeam Backup & Replication extends the Veeam Backup & Replication functionality and allows you to add Veeam Backup for AWS appliances into the Veeam Backup & Replication infrastructure. With AWS Plug-in for Veeam Backup & Replication, you can manage data protection and recovery operations for Amazon EC2 environments from the Veeam Backup & Replication console. For more information, see the Integration with Veeam Backup for AWS User Guide.