Step 7. Specify Retry and Email Notification Settings
At the Settings step of the wizard, you can specify automatic retry and email notification settings for the backup policy.
You can instruct Veeam Backup for AWS to run the backup policy again if the backup policy fails for some reason. During a backup policy retry, Veeam Backup for AWS will attempt to processes only failed EC2 instances.
To enable backup policy retry, select the Automatic retry failed policy check box and specify the maximum number of retry attempts. The interval between each retry is 60 seconds.
If SMTP server settings are configured, you can instruct Veeam Backup for AWS to send email notifications on backup policy results. For information on how to configure SMTP server settings, see Configuring Global Email Notification Settings
To enable email notifications for the backup policy:
- In the Notifications section, set the Enabled toggle to On.
- In the Email field, specify a recipient email address.
If you specify the same email recipient in both backup policy settings and global email notification settings, Veeam Backup for AWS will send two separate notifications to this recipient if a list of email recipients specified in backup policy settings and global email notification settings is different.
- Under Notify on, select occasions on which you want Veeam Backup for AWS to send email notifications:
- Failure — select this check box to receive an email notification if a backup policy fails.
- Warning — select this check box to receive an email notification if a backup policy completes with a warning.
- Success — select this check box to receive an email notification if a backup policy completes successfully.
- Select the Suppress notifications until the last retry check box to receive a notification about the final backup policy result.
If you do not enable this option, Veeam Backup for AWS will send one notification per every backup policy retry.