Performing Entire Configuration Restore
In case of unexpected configuration changes, you can restore entire Amazon VPC configuration from a VPC configuration backup. Veeam Backup for AWS allows you to restore the VPC configuration to the original location or to a new location.
Restore to a new location is not supported for the following VPC configuration items:
How Entire VPC Configuration Restore Works
To restore the entire VPC configuration from a backup, Veeam Backup for AWS performs the following steps:
- Retrieves the backed-up VPC configuration from the Veeam Backup for AWS database.
- Validates the restore operation: sends API requests to AWS to verify that AWS service quotas are not exceeded and there are no subnet CIDR block conflicts.
- Retrieves information on existing items and their settings in the current Amazon VPC configuration.
- Restores the backed-up VPC configuration:
- Creates the missing VPC configuration items.
- Modifies settings of the existing items that do not match the backed-up settings.
How to Perform Entire VPC Configuration Restore
To restore the entire VPC configuration, complete the following steps: