Creating EFS Backup Policies
One backup policy can be used to process one or more EFS file systems within one AWS account. The scope of data that you can protect in an AWS account is limited by permissions of an IAM role that is specified in the backup policy settings.
Before you create an EFS backup policy, if you plan to receive email notifications on backup policy results, configure SMTP server settings first. For more information, see Configuring Global Notification Settings.
To create an EFS backup policy, complete the following steps:
- Launch the Add EFS Policy wizard.
- Specify a backup policy name and description.
- Configure backup source settings.
- Enable indexing for the processed file systems.
- Configure backup target settings.
- Specify a schedule for the backup policy.
- Enable AWS tags assigning.
- Specify automatic retry settings and notification settings.
- Review estimated cost for protecting EFS file systems.
- Finish working with the wizard.