Restoring to Microsoft Azure
Veeam Backup & Replication allows you to restore Amazon EC2 instances from image-level backups created with Veeam Backup for AWS to Microsoft Azure as Azure VMs. You can restore EC2 instances to any available restore point. For more information, see the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide, section Restore to Microsoft Azure.
Consider the following:
Before you start the restore operation:
- Configure the initial settings of an Azure account or Azure Stack account as described in the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide, section Configuring Initial Settings.
- Check the limitations and prerequisites described in the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide, section Before You Begin.
To restore an EC2 instance to Microsoft Azure, do the following:
- In the Veeam Backup & Replication console, open Home view.
- Navigate to Backups > External Repository.
- Expand the backup policy that protects an EC2 instance that you want to restore, select the necessary instance and click Microsoft Azure Iaas on the ribbon.
- Complete the Restore to Microsoft Azure wizard as described in the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide, section Restoring to Microsoft Azure.