Specifying Monthly Schedule
To create a monthly schedule for the backup policy, at the Schedule step of the wizard, do the following:
- Set the Monthly schedule toggle to On and click Edit Monthly Settings.
- In the Create monthly schedule window, select months when the backup policy must create table backups and backup copies.
Veeam Backup for AWS does not create backup copies independently from table backups. That is why when you select hours for backup copies, the same hours are automatically selected for backups. To learn how Veeam Backup for AWS performs backup, see DynamoDB Backup.
- Use the Create restore point at and Run on drop-down lists to schedule a specific time and day for the backup policy to run.
Consider the following:
- In the Monthly retention section, configure retention policy settings for the monthly schedule. For backups and backup copies, specify the number of days (or months) for which you want to keep restore points in a backup chain.
If a restore point is older than the specified time limit, Veeam Backup for AWS removes the restore point from the chain. For more information, see DynamoDB Backup Retention.
- To save changes made to the backup policy settings, click Apply.