Managing Backed-Up EC2 Instance Data
For each backed-up EC2 instance, Veeam Backup for AWS creates a record in the configuration database with the following set of properties:
- Instance — a name of an EC2 instance.
- Policy — a name of the backup policy that processed the EC2 instance.
- Restore Points — a number of restore points created for the EC2 instance.
- Latest Restore Point — the date and time of the latest restore point that was created for the EC2 instance.
- Instance Size — a size of all EBS volumes attached to the EC2 instance.
- Region — an AWS Region in which the EC2 instance resides.
- File-level Recovery URL — a link to the FLR for Veeam Backup browser.
The link appears when the restore session is started for the file-level restore process. The link contains a public DNS name of the worker instance hosting the FLR for Veeam Backup browser and authentication information used to access this worker instance.
- Operating System — an operating system running on the EC2 instance.