Welcome to Veeam Backup for AWS
Veeam Backup for Amazon Web Services (Veeam Backup for AWS) is a solution developed for protection and disaster recovery tasks for Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) and Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS) environments. Veeam Backup for AWS also allows you to back up and restore Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon VPC) configuration.
With Veeam Backup for AWS, you can perform the following data protection operations:
- Create cloud-native snapshots of EC2 and RDS instances.
- Replicate cloud-native snapshots to any AWS Region within any AWS account.
- Create image-level backups of EC2 instances and keep them in Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) for high availability, cost-effective and long-term storage.
- Create backup of your Amazon VPC configuration and keep it in the Veeam Backup for AWS database and in Amazon S3.
To recover backed-up data, you can perform the following operations:
- Restore the Amazon VPC configuration.
- Restore entire EC2 and RDS instances.
- Restore EC2 instance volumes.
- Restore EC2 instance files and folders.
Integration with Veeam Backup & Replication
AWS Plug-in for Veeam Backup & Replication extends the Veeam Backup & Replication functionality and allows you to add Veeam Backup for AWS appliances into the Veeam Backup & Replication infrastructure. With AWS Plug-in for Veeam Backup & Replication, you can manage data protection and recovery operations from the Veeam Backup & Replication console. For more information, see the Integration with Veeam Backup for AWS User Guide.