Protecting VPC Configurations
To protect Amazon VPC configurations, Veeam Backup for AWS retrieves configuration data through API and saves this data to the configuration database. You can also instruct Veeam Backup for AWS to store copies of VPC configuration backups in a backup repository. For more information on how VPC configuration backup works, see VPC Configuration Backup.
How To Protect VPC Configurations
To configure the VPC configuration backup policy settings, perform the following steps:
- Check limitations and prerequisites.
- Specify IAM role or add custom IAM roles to access AWS services and resources.
- Add backup repositories to save additional VPC configuration backup copies.
- [Optional] Configure global retention settings for obsolete session records.
- [Optional] Configure email notification settings for automated delivery of backup policy results and daily reports.
- Complete the VPC Configuration Backup wizard.