Performing Entire Configuration Export
You can export the entire VPC configuration and restore it from the CloudFormation template to the original location or to a new location.
If you plan to restore the exported VPC configuration, consider that restore to a new location is not supported for the following VPC configuration items:
To export the entire VPC configuration to a CloudFormation template, do the following:
- Launch the VPC Export wizard.
- Select a restore point and VPCs to export.
- Specify an IAM identity for export.
- Choose an export mode.
- Configure mapping for Availability Zones.
- Configure settings for VPC peering connections.
- Specify an Amazon S3 bucket where the Cloud Formation template must be placed.
- Specify a reason for export.
- Review export settings.