Testing File-Level Restore
Before you perform file-level restore, it is recommended that you run the file-level restore test. The file-level restore test allows you to check whether network settings are configured properly to launch worker instances in a specified AWS region, and that you can access the Veeam Backup browser from the local machine.
To run the file-level restore test:
- At the top right corner of the Veeam Backup for AWS window, click Configuration.
- In the configuration menu on the left, click Workers.
- On the General tab, in the Region Network Settings section, click an AWS region in which worker instances will be launched during file-level restore, and then click Test FLR.
- Wait until the status of the file-level restore test in the FLR Status column changes to Running, and then click it.
Veeam Backup for AWS will display the FLR Test Log window where you can view the progress and results of the test.
- If network settings are configured properly for the AWS region, Veeam Backup for AWS will launch the worker instance and display the link to the Veeam Backup browser in the FLR Test Log window.
- To check that you can access the Veeam Backup browser, click the displayed link.
- To finish the file-level restore test, in the Veeam Backup browser, click End Test.
If you do not click End Test within 30 minutes after the link to the Veeam Backup browser appears, the file-level restore test will finish automatically with the Warning status.
Rerunning File-Level Restore Test
If the file-level restore test finishes with the Warning or Error status, and you want to run the test again after fixing issues with network settings, complete the following steps:
- In the FLR Status column, click the status of the file-level restore test.
- In the FLR Test Log window, click Start test.