Testing File-Level Restore
Before you perform file-level restore, it is recommended that you run a file-level restore test. The file-level restore test allows you to check whether AWS Region network settings are configured properly to launch worker instances, and that you can access the File Level Recovery for Veeam Backup browser from the local machine.
To run the file-level restore test for an AWS Region, do the following:
- Switch to the Configuration page.
- Navigate to Workers > General.
- In the Region Network Settings section, click the necessary AWS Region, and then click Test FLR.
- Wait until the status of the file-level restore test in the FLR Status column changes to Running, and then click it.
Veeam Backup for AWS will display the FLR Test Log window where you can view the progress and results of the test.
- If network settings are configured properly for the AWS Region, Veeam Backup for AWS will launch the worker instance and display the link to the File Level Recovery for Veeam Backup browser in the FLR Test Log window.
- To check that you can access the File Level Recovery for Veeam Backup browser, click the displayed link.
- To finish the file-level restore test, in the File Level Recovery for Veeam Backup browser, click End Test.
If you do not click End Test within 30 minutes after the link to the File Level Recovery for Veeam Backup browser appears, the file-level restore test will finish automatically with the Warning status.
If the file-level restore test finishes with the Warning or Error status, and you want to run the test again after fixing issues with network settings, you can rerun the file-level restore test. To do that, in the FLR Status column, click the status of the file-level restore test, and then, in the FLR Test Log window, click Start test.