Testing File-Level Restore
Before you perform file-level restore, it is recommended that you run a file-level restore test. The file-level restore test allows you to check whether AWS Region network settings are configured properly to launch worker instances, and that you can access the File Level Recovery for Veeam Backup browser from the local machine.
To run the file-level restore test for an AWS Region, do the following:
- Switch to the Configuration page.
- Navigate to Workers > General.
- In the Worker network settings section, select the necessary AWS Region, and then click Test FLR.
- Wait until the status of the file-level restore test in the FLR Status column changes to Running, and then click the status.
Veeam Backup for AWS will display the FLR Test Log window where you can track the progress and view the results of the test.
- If network settings are configured properly for the AWS Region, Veeam Backup for AWS will launch the worker instance and display the link to the File Level Recovery for Veeam Backup browser in the FLR Test Log window.
- To check that you can access the File Level Recovery for Veeam Backup browser, click the displayed link.
- To finish the file-level restore test, click End Test in the File Level Recovery for Veeam Backup browser.
If you do not click End Test within 30 minutes after Veeam Backup for AWS displays the link to the File Level Recovery for Veeam Backup browser, the file-level restore test will finish automatically with the Warning status.
If the file-level restore test finishes with the Warning or Error status, can run the test again after fixing issues with the network settings. To do that, in the FLR Status column, click the status of the file-level restore test, and then, click Start test in the FLR Test Log window.