Veeam Backup for AWS applies the configured retention policy settings to automatically remove cloud-native snapshots and snapshot replicas created by backup policies. If necessary, you can also remove the backed-up data manually.
In Veeam Backup for AWS, you can remove only snapshots created by the Veeam backup service. To delete AWS Snapshots (DB instance snapshots created in AWS), use Amazon Management Console.
To remove backed-up data manually, do the following:
- Navigate to Protected Data > RDS.
- Select RDS instances whose data you want to remove.
- Click Remove and select either of the following options:
- Snapshots — to remove cloud-native snapshots created for the selected RDS instances by backup policies.
- Manual — to remove cloud-native snapshots created for the selected RDS instances manually.
If you want to remove only specific cloud-native snapshots, follow the instructions provided in section Removing Snapshots Created Manually.
- Replicas — to remove snapshot replicas created for the selected RDS instances by backup policies.
- All — to remove all cloud-native snapshots and snapshot replicas created for the selected RDS instances both by backup policies and manually.