Enabling Additional Backup Copy
If you want to copy EFS file system backup to other AWS Regions, do the following:
- In the Backup copies section of the Targets step of the wizard, set the Create backup copies toggle to On.
- In the Choose backup vaults window, configure the following mapping settings for each AWS Region where original file systems reside:
- Select a source AWS Region in the list and click Edit Region Mapping.
- In the Edit Region Mapping window, specify the following settings:
- From the Target region drop-down list, select the target AWS Region to which Veeam Backup for AWS must copy created backups of the selected file systems.
- From the Backup vault drop-down list, select a backup vault that will be used to store the copied backups.
For a backup vault to be displayed in the Backup vault list, it must be created in the AWS Backup console as described in AWS Documentation. If you have not created a backup vault for the selected AWS Region, Veeam Backup for AWS will display only the default backup vault existing in this region.
- Click Save.
To configure mapping for all source AWS Regions at once, click Set Mapping for All Regions and specify settings as described in step 2.b.
- To save changes made to the backup policy settings, click Apply.