Specifying Monthly Schedule
To specify the monthly schedule for the backup policy, at the Schedule step of the wizard, complete the following steps:
- Set the Monthly retention toggle to On, and then click Edit monthly settings.
- In the Monthly schedule section, select months, a day of the month, and time when the backup policy must start creating cloud-native snapshots, snapshot replicas or image-level backups.
Mind that Veeam Backup for AWS does not create snapshot replicas and image-level backups independently from cloud-native snapshots. That is why when you select months to create snapshot replicas and image-level backups, the same months are automatically selected for cloud-native snapshots. For more information on how backup is performed, see How Backup Works.
- In the Monthly retention section, specify retention policy settings for the monthly schedule.
- For cloud-native snapshots and snapshot replicas, specify the number of restore points that you want to keep in cloud-native snapshot and snapshot replica chains.
When the number is exceeded, Veeam Backup for AWS removes the earliest restore point from the chain. For details, see Retention Policy for Snapshots.
- For image-level backups, specify the number of days (or months) for which you want to keep restore points in a backup chain.
If a restore point is older than the specified limit, Veeam Backup for AWS removes it from the chain. For details, see Retention Policy for Backups.
- Click Apply.