Specifying Monthly Schedule
To create a monthly schedule for the backup policy, at the Schedule step of the wizard, do the following:
- Set the Monthly retention toggle to On and click Edit monthly settings.
- In the Monthly schedule window, select months when the backup policy must create cloud-native snapshots, snapshot replicas or image-level backups.
Veeam Backup for AWS does not create snapshot replicas and image-level backups independently from cloud-native snapshots. That is why when you select months to create snapshot replicas and image-level backups, the same months are automatically selected for cloud-native snapshots. To learn how Veeam Backup for AWS performs backup, see How Backup Works.
- Use the Create restore point at and Run on drop-down lists to schedule a specific time and day for the backup policy to run.
If you have selected a specific time for the backup policy to run at the Weekly retention section of the Schedule step of the wizard, you will not be able to change the time for the monthly schedule.
- In the Monthly retention section, configure retention policy settings for the monthly schedule:
- For cloud-native snapshots and snapshot replicas, specify the number of restore points that you want to keep in cloud-native snapshot and snapshot replica chains.
If the restore point limit is exceeded, Veeam Backup for AWS removes the earliest restore point from the chain. For more information, see Retention Policy for Snapshots.
- For image-level backups, specify the number of days (or months) for which you want to keep restore points in a backup chain.
If a restore point is older than the specified time limit, Veeam Backup for AWS removes the restore point from the chain. For more information, see Retention Policy for Backups.
- To save changes made to the backup policy settings, click Apply.