Configuring Snapshot Replica Settings
If you want to replicate cloud-native snapshots to other AWS accounts or regions, do the following:
- In the Snapshots section of the Targets step of the wizard, set the Replicate snapshots toggle to On.
- In the Replication settings window, configure the following mapping settings for each AWS Region where source instances reside:
Mind that several limitations are applied to Aurora DB clusters:
- Select a source AWS Region in the list and click Edit Region Mapping.
- In the Edit Region Mapping window, specify the following settings:
- From the Target account drop-down list, select an IAM role whose permissions will be used to copy and store cloud-native snapshots in a target AWS Region.
If you select an IAM role created in another AWS account, the cloud-native snapshot will be copied to the target AWS Region in that AWS account.
- From the Target region drop-down list, select the target AWS Region to which Veeam Backup for AWS must copy cloud-native snapshots.
- If you want to encrypt cloud-native snapshots copied to the target AWS Region, select the Enable encryption check box and choose the necessary KMS key from the Encryption key drop-down list. For a KMS key to be displayed in the list of available encryption keys, it must be stored in the AWS Region selected at step 3 and the IAM role specified for the backup operation must have permissions to the key. For more information on KMS keys, see AWS Documentation.
Then use the Key usage drop-down list to choose whether you want to encrypt snapshots for all resources or only snapshots of the encrypted resources.
Consider the following:
- Click Save.
To configure mapping for all source AWS Regions at once, click Set Mapping for All Regions and specify settings as described in step 2.b.
- To save changes made to the backup policy settings, click Apply.