Step 5. Choose Restore Mode
At the Restore Mode step of the wizard, choose whether you want to restore the selected EBS volumes to the original or to a custom location. If you select the Restore to new location, or with different settings option, specify the AWS Region and Availability Zone to which Veeam Backup for AWS will place the restored EBS volumes.
To restore to the original location, the IAM role specified at the Account step of the wizard must belong to the AWS account where the selected restore point was created.
If you have AWS Outposts in your infrastructure, you can restore EBS volumes to an AWS Outpost. To do that:
- Select the Restore to new location, or with different settings option.
- From the region drop-down list, select the AWS Region to which the AWS Outpost is connected.
- From the Availability zone drop-down list, select the Availability Zone that the AWS Outpost is homed to.
- Click the link to the right of Select AWS Outpost.
- In the Choose AWS Outpost window, select the AWS Outpost where you want to restore EBS volumes of the selected instances.
- Click Apply.
Consider the following: