Configuring Global Email Notification Settings
You can specify email notification settings for automated delivery of backup policy results and daily reports. Every daily report contains cumulative statistics for all backup policy and snapshot retention sessions run within the past 24-hour period.
To connect an SMTP server that will be used for sending email notifications:
- Switch to the Configuration page.
- Navigate to Settings > E-mail.
- Select the Enable e-mail notifications check box.
- In the SMTP Server field, specify a DNS name or an IP address of the SMTP server. All email notifications (including test messages) and daily reports will be sent by this SMTP server.
- Click Advanced to specify an account that will be used when authenticating against the SMTP server and to configure other connection settings.
In the Advanced SMTP Options window:
- In the Port field, specify a communication port for SMTP traffic. The default SMTP port is 25.
- In the Timeout field, specify a connection timeout for responses from the SMTP server.
- For an SMTP server with SSL/TLS support, select the Connect using SSL check box to enable SSL data encryption.
- If your SMTP server requires authentication, select the This SMTP server requires authentication check box and choose the necessary account from the Log on as drop-down list.
For an account to be displayed in the Log on as list, it must be added to the configuration database as described in section Adding SMTP Accounts. If you have not set up an account beforehand, click Add and follow the steps of the Add Account wizard.
- Click Apply.
- In the From field, enter an email address of the notification sender. This email address will be displayed in the From field of notifications.
- In the To field, enter an email address of a recipient. Use a semicolon to separate multiple recipient addresses. Do not use spaces after semicolons between the specified email addresses.
For each particular policy, you can specify additional recipients.
If you specify the same email recipient in both backup policy notification and global notification settings, Veeam Backup for AWS will send each notification twice to this recipient.
- In the Subject field, specify a subject for notifications. You can use the following runtime variables:
- %JobName% — a backup policy name.
- [%JobResult%] — a backup policy result.
- (%ObjectCount% instances) — the number of instances in a backup policy.
- %Issues% — the number of instances in a backup policy that encountered any issues (errors and warnings) while being processed.
- In the Notify me immediately about section, choose whether you want to receive email notifications in case backup policies complete successfully, complete with warnings or complete with errors.
- To receive daily reports, select the Send daily report at check box and the exact time when the reports must be sent.
- Click Save.
Veeam Backup for AWS allows you to send a test message to check whether you have configured all settings correctly. To do that, click Send Test Email. A test message will be sent to the specified email address.