Adding User Accounts
To manage access to Veeam Backup for AWS, you can create local user accounts or add user accounts of your identity provider. To be able to retrieve user identities from the identity provider, you must first configure single sign-on settings.
To add a Veeam Backup for AWS user account, do the following:
- Switch to the Configuration page.
- Navigate to Accounts > Portal Users.
- Click Add.
- Complete the Add Account wizard:
- At the Account Type step of the wizard, choose whether you want to create a new Veeam Backup for AWS user or to retrieve a user identity from your identity provider.
- At the Account Info step of the wizard, specify a name and description for the user account. An account name can contain only lowercase Latin letters, numeric characters, underscores and dashes. You can use the dollar sign ($) as the last character of the user name. The maximum length of the name is 32 characters, the maximum length of the description is 255 characters.
If you have selected the Identity Provider account option at step 4a, the name specified for a user account must match the value of an attribute that the identity provider will send to Veeam Backup for AWS to authenticate the user. For more information, see Configuring SSO Settings.
- At the General Settings step of the wizard, select a role for the user account. For more information on user roles, see Managing Permissions.
If you have selected the Veeam Backup for AWS account option at step 4a, specify a password for the new Veeam Backup for AWS user account.
- At the Summary step of the wizard, review summary information and click Finish.