Specifying Daily Schedule
To specify the daily schedule for the backup policy, at the Schedule step of the wizard, complete the following steps:
- Set the Daily retention toggle to On, and then click Edit daily settings.
- In the Daily schedule section, select hours when the backup policy must start creating cloud-native snapshots, snapshot replicas or image-level backups.
[For cloud-native snapshots] If you want to protect EC2 instance data more frequently, you can instruct the backup policy to create multiple cloud-native snapshots per hour. To do that, click the 1 per hour link on the right of the Snapshots hour selection area, and then specify the number of cloud-native snapshots that the backup policy must create within an hour.
Mind that Veeam Backup for AWS does not create snapshot replicas and image-level backups independently from cloud-native snapshots. That is why when you select hours to create snapshot replicas and image-level backups, the same hours are automatically selected for cloud-native snapshots. For more information on how backup is performed, see How Backup Works.
- From the Run at drop-down list, define days when the backup policy must run.
- Everyday — select this option if you want the backup policy to run everyday.
- Working Days — select this option if you want the backup policy to run on working days: Monday through Friday.
- Selected Days — select this option if you want the backup policy to run on specific days.
- In the Daily retention section, specify retention policy settings for the daily schedule.
- For cloud-native snapshots and snapshot replicas, specify the number of restore points that you want to keep in cloud-native snapshot and snapshot replica chains.
When the number is exceeded, Veeam Backup for AWS removes the earliest restore point from the chain. For details, see Retention Policy for Snapshots.
- For image-level backups, specify the number of days (or months) for which you want to keep restore points in a backup chain.
If a restore point is older than the specified limit, Veeam Backup for AWS removes it from the chain. For details, see Retention Policy for Backups.
- Click Apply.