Specifying Weekly Schedule
To create a weekly schedule for the backup policy, at the Schedule step of the wizard, do the following:
- Set the Weekly retention toggle to On and click Edit weekly settings.
- In the Weekly schedule window, select weekdays when the backup policy must create cloud-native snapshots and snapshot replicas.
Mind that Veeam Backup for AWS does not create snapshot replicas independently from cloud-native snapshots. That is why when you select days to create snapshot replicas, the same days are automatically selected for cloud-native snapshots. To learn how Veeam Backup for AWS performs backup, see How Backup Works.
- Use the Create restore point at drop-down list to schedule a specific time for the backup policy to run.
- In the Weekly retention section, for cloud-native snapshots and snapshot replicas, specify the number of restore points that you want to keep in cloud-native snapshot and snapshot replica chains.
If the restore point limit is exceeded, Veeam Backup for AWS removes the earliest restore point from the chain. For more information, see Retention Policy for Snapshots.
- To save changes made to the backup policy settings, click Apply.