Step 2. Select Restore Point
At the Instance step of the wizard, select a restore point that will be used to restore the selected RDS instance. By default, Veeam Backup for AWS uses the most recent valid restore point. However, you can restore the RDS instance data to an earlier state.
To select a restore point, do the following:
- Select the RDS instance and click Restore Point.
- In the Available Restore Points window, select the necessary restore point and click Apply.
To help you choose a restore point, Veeam Backup for AWS provides the following information on each available restore point:
- Date — the date when the restore point was created.
- Size — the size of the restore point.
- Type — the type of the restore point:
- Snapshot — a cloud-native snapshot created by a backup policy.
- Replica — a snapshot replica created by a backup policy.
- Manual Snapshot — a cloud-native snapshot created manually.
- AWS Snapshot — an Amazon DB instance snapshot created in AWS.
If you select a restore point of the AWS snapshot type, you will not be able to restore an RDS instance to the original location.
- Region — an AWS Region where a restore point is stored (for cloud-native snapshots and snapshot replicas).
- Account name — a name of an IAM role used to create a restore point (for cloud-native snapshots and snapshot replicas).