Viewing AWS Resources
After you create a backup policy to protect a specific type of AWS resources (EC2 instances, RDS instances or EFS file systems), Veeam Backup for AWS rescans AWS Regions specified in the policy settings and populates the resource list on the Resources page with all resources of that type residing in these regions. If an AWS Region is no longer specified in any configured backup policy, Veeam Backup for AWS removes all resources residing in the region from the list of available resources.
The Resources page displays AWS resources that can be protected by Veeam Backup for AWS. Each resource is represented with a set of properties, such as:
- Instance or Name — the name of the resource.
- Instance ID or File System ID — the unique identification number of the resource.
- AWS Account — the AWS account where the resource belong.
- Region — the AWS Region where the resource resides.
- Backup Policy — the name of the backup policy that protects the resource (if any).
- Restore Points — the number of restore points created for the resource (if any).
- Last Backup — the date and time of the latest restore point created for the resource (if any).
- Destination — types of restore points created for the resource (if any).
On the Resources page you can also perform the following actions:
- Manually create cloud-native snapshots of RDS and EC2 instances and backups of EFS file systems. For more information, see sections Creating EC2 Snapshots Manually, Creating RDS Snapshots Manually and Creating EFS Backups Manually.
- Add resources to existing backup policies. For more information, see Adding Resources to Policy.