You can select an IAM role whose permissions Veeam Backup for AWS will use to launch worker instances and specify network settings for AWS regions in which worker instances will be launched.
To configure settings for worker instances:
- At the top right corner of the Veeam Backup for AWS window, click Configuration.
- In the configuration menu on the left, click Workers.
- In the General section, select the IAM role that will be used to launch worker instances:
- On the right of the Worker IAM Role click Change.
- In the Cloud Account window, select the necessary IAM role and click Apply.
If the necessary IAM role is not in the list, add it to Veeam Backup for AWS as described in Adding IAM Roles.
By default, Veeam Backup for AWS uses the Default Backup Restore IAM role to launch worker instances. The role is preconfigured and has necessary permissions to launch worker instances within the initial AWS account.
- In the Region Settings section, configure network settings for AWS regions where worker instances will be launched.
To configure network settings for an AWS region:
- At the top of the regions list, click Add.
Veeam Backup for AWS will launch the Add Region wizard.
- At the Region step of the wizard, select the AWS region and Availability Zone for which you want to configure network settings.
- At the Network Settings step of the wizard, select the Amazon VPC, subnet, and security group. Veeam Backup for AWS will apply the specified network settings to worker instances that will be launched in the AWS region and Availability Zone selected at the Region step of the wizard.
[For backup/restore operations to/from Amazon S3] Make sure that an S3 endpoint is configured for the selected subnet. Otherwise, you may be charged additional fee for the traffic from Amazon EC2 to Amazon S3. If an S3 endpoint is not configured for the selected subnet, Veeam Backup for AWS will display a warning at the Summary step of the wizard.
An S3 endpoint is a VPC endpoint that provides a secure connection to Amazon S3. For more information, see AWS Documentation.
- At the Summary step of the wizard, review the configured network settings and click Finish.
Repeat this step for every AWS region and Availability Zone in which Veeam Backup for AWS will launch worker instances.