Editing IAM Role Settings
For each IAM role added to Veeam Backup for AWS, you can modify the IAM role settings:
- Switch to the Configuration page.
- Navigate to Accounts > IAM Roles.
- Select the check box next to an IAM role whose settings you want to edit.
- Click Edit.
- Complete the Edit IAM Role wizard.
- To provide a new name and description for the IAM role, follow the instructions provided in section Adding IAM Roles (step 2).
- To change the IAM role from another AWS, follow the instructions provided in section Adding IAM Roles (step 3).
- To edit the IAM role permissions, navigate to the Permissions step. Then, click Edit Permissions and follow the instructions provided in section Adding IAM Roles (step 4).
Keep in mind that when you clear check boxes, it does not modify already assigned permissions to IAM roles in AWS. To learn how to modify IAM roles, see AWS Documentation.
- To check the IAM role permissions, navigate to the Permission check step. The permission check verifies whether the IAM role has all the permissions required to perform operations with the selected workloads. If the IAM role permissions are insufficient, the check will complete with errors, and the Missing Permissions column will display the list of permissions that must be granted to the IAM role. You can grant the missing permissions to the IAM role using the AWS Management Console or instruct Veeam Backup for AWS to do it as described in section Checking IAM Role Permissions.
- At the Summary step of the wizard, review summary information and click Finish.