You can edit worker instance settings. For example, you may want to change an IAM role used to launch worker instances or specify different network settings for AWS regions in which Veeam Backup for AWS launches worker instances.
To edit worker instance settings:
- At the top right corner of the Veeam Backup for AWS window, click Configuration.
- In the configuration menu on the left, click Workers.
- On the General tab, in the Role section, you can change an IAM role whose permissions Veeam Backup for AWS will use to launch worker instances. To change the IAM role, click Change and select the necessary IAM role from the list.
- On the General tab, in the Region Settings section, you can change network settings configured for AWS regions in which Veeam Backup for AWS launches worker instances.
To change network settings for an AWS region:
- Click the necessary AWS region from the list, and then click Edit.
- In the Edit Region window, specify new network settings for the AWS region as described in Configuring Worker Instance Settings.
To remove network settings for an AWS region, click the necessary region from the list, and then click Remove.
New settings are applied to worker instances when Veeam Backup for AWS starts processing or restoring the next EC2 instance in the backup policy or restore task.