You can export and import backup policy settings to or from a JSON file.
This functionality allows you to use settings of an existing backup policy as a template for creating other backup policies. For example, you can export a backup policy to a JSON file, modify the necessary backup policy settings in the file, and then import the backup policy from the file on the same or a different backup server.
To export a backup policy to a JSON file:
- In the main menu on the left, click Policies.
- Select the check box next to the backup policy you want to export.
You can use the search field to find the necessary backup policy by name or use filters to limit the list of displayed backup policies.
- At the top of the backup policies list, click Advanced > Export Policy.
Veeam Backup for AWS will save the JSON file with backup policy settings to the default download location on the local machine.
To import a backup policy from a JSON file:
- In the configuration menu on the left, click Policies.
- At the top of the backup policies list, click Advanced > Import Policy.
- In the Import Policy window, complete the following steps:
- In the Name field, specify a name for the imported backup policy.
- In the JSON field, paste the content of the JSON file with backup policy settings and click OK.