Step 5. Create VPN Connection
To enable access to your on-premises network, create a VPN connection between the created virtual private gateway and the customer gateway:
- In the VPC console, navigate to Virtual private network > Site-to-Site VPN Connections and click Create VPN Connection.
- Complete the Create VPN connection wizard:
- At the Details step of the wizard, do the following:
- [Optional] In the Name tag field, specify a name for the VPN connection.
- In the Autonomous System Number (ASN) section, select the Virtual private gateway option and specify the ID of the virtual private gateway that you have created at step 2.
- In the Customer gateway section, select the Existing option and specify the ID of the customer gateway.
- [Applies only if the customer device does not support Border Gateway Protocol] In the Routing options section, select the Static option and specify the IP prefixes of the appliance VPC.
- Click Create VPN connection.
When you create a VPN connection, AWS generates a sample configuration file that can be further used to configure a customer gateway device. To download the file, do the following:
To learn how to configure a customer gateway device, see AWS Documentation.