Managing Backed-Up RDS Data
To view and manage backed-up RDS data, navigate to Protected Data > RDS. The RDS tab displays information on all protected DB instances and Aurora DB clusters and allows you to remove restore points of the instances if you no longer need them.
For each backed-up RDS resource, Veeam Backup for AWS creates a record in the configuration database with the following set of properties:
- Instance — a name of a DB instance or an Aurora DB cluster.
- Policy — a name of the backup policy that processed the DB instance or Aurora DB cluster.
- Snapshots — a number of snapshots created for the DB instance or Aurora DB cluster.
Veeam Backup for AWS displays all existing snapshots of RDS resources, not only snapshots created by the Veeam backup service. Amazon DB snapshots created for DB instances or Aurora DB clusters in AWS have the AWS Snapshot type and cannot be deleted from the Veeam Backup for AWS Web UI.
- Latest Snapshot — the date and time of the latest snapshot that was created for the DB instance or Aurora DB cluster.
- Engine — a database engine of the DB instance or Aurora DB cluster.
- Instance Size — a size of the DB instance storage.
- Region — an AWS Region in which the DB instance or Aurora DB cluster resides.
- AWS Account — an AWS account where the DB instance or Aurora DB cluster belong.
- Instance ID — an AWS ID of the DB instance or Aurora DB cluster.