Managing Backed-Up RDS Instance Data
For each backed-up RDS instance, Veeam Backup for AWS creates a record in the configuration database with the following set of properties:
- Instance — a name of an RDS instance.
- Policy — a name of the backup policy that processed the RDS instance.
- Snapshots — a number of snapshots created for the RDS instance.
Veeam Backup for AWS displays all existing snapshots of RDS instances, not only snapshots created by the Veeam backup service. Amazon DB snapshots created for RDS instances in AWS have the AWS Snapshot type and cannot be deleted from Veeam Backup for AWS.
- Latest Snapshot — the date and time of the latest snapshot that was created for the RDS instance.
- Engine — a database engine of the RDS instance.
- Instance Size — a size of the RDS instance storage.
- Region — an AWS Region in which the RDS instance resides.
- AWS Account — an AWS account where the RDS instance belong.
- Instance ID — an AWS ID of the RDS instance.